Friday, April 21, 2006

MY BONNIE: Chance of Thundershowers

My savagery of public monuments is garnering much acclaim, and I could certainly give the Signers of the Declaration of Independence Memorial at Constitution Gardens the reaming it so richly deserves, but I'm going to mix things up instead, and continue with the ongoing saga of Dead Men Are a Girl's Best Friend, now checking in with Chapter V.

I'm pretty fond of this chapter, in that it provides some background on how Bonnie got into this line of work in the first place. Eddie's full name is a bit anvilicious, and I thought about changing it here. But I don't feel like it. It's what I wrote and posted the first time around, so that's just what it's gonna be.

What is interesting is that I really take time to attack targets that are pretty harmless and certainly unable to defend themselves. In particular, the Lux Radio Hour takes it on the chin. Hardly seems fair. On the other hand, have you ever heard one of these shows? They're awful. Criterion loves to put them on their DVDs, and they are just atrocious. They made them for years, so people obviously weren't complaining loudly enough. I thought Bonnie should.

As you can see, I'm not afraid to take on the the big targets.

0 comments: